Windsor First Responders Course
Are you looking to gain experience in patient care or move into a new career, do you enjoy driving, helping people, and working flexible hours? Then we want to hear from you! Apply today to become part of a team that cares and understands their customers' needs.
Course Date: TBD (February)
Course Length: 40 hours
Course Time: 9:00 to 5:00
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Price: $400.00 CAD
The First Responder is the minimum qualification required by individuals interested in working as a Patient Transfer Attendant with Voyago. Many students from the First Responder Course are often hired with Voyago upon successful completion of the course.
Voyago is the largest Patient Transfer Service in Ontario, operating across the Province. Like you, we want patients to receive the best care. We work together with healthcare providers, patients and families to coordinate and provide convenient and professional services that are always in the best interests of patient access to best care.
Voyago’s Patient Transfer Service provides comfortable and caring non-urgent medical transportation for individuals who are stretcher or wheelchair-bound. Our competent and compassionate team of First Responders ensure patients receive a seamlessly safe ride whether the trip is to or from a healthcare facility, nursing home or private home.
Requirements of a Patient Transfer Attendant:
- A minimum of an Emergency First Responder Certification
- Valid ‘G’ Class Driving Licence
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and outside regular hours of operation, including on call shifts
- Ability to lift 250+ lbs using a stretcher or stair chair with partner training
- Posses clean driving record and provide a copy for personnel file
- Must have or obtain a current criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening and provide a copy for personnel file
Why work for us?
- Full-time and Part time opportunities
- Benefits package
- Rewarding career with a growing company
- Great company culture
Voyago is committed to provide accommodation for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request of the internal or external applicant. If you require an accommodation due to a disability for an interview, please notify Human Resources directly to make appropriate arrangements when contacted for an interview.